New Year’s resolutions? Not for Le Clown—you’ve been warned, preemptively. You will not read a holiday Le Clown post prompted by my friends at The Daily Post. What should you expect from Le Clown when he is thinking about 2013? This post. Happy New Year!
A stellar blogging year, said Le Clown. Since February, I have come to know a great deal of you on this blogosphere. I used social media strategies in my blogging, and I have built A Clown on Fire‘s community by either visiting your blogs, commenting on your posts, and having friendly banters in my Comment section. I’ve made a few friends, and some of you I see in the back-end, on a daily basis.
2012 was also the first time I was Freshly Pressed—I’m working on being serially pressed… Don’t act all surprised. Being the first blogger to be featured on The Daily Post was, admittedly, a pretty big deal… It was the day I gave a name to my ego.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT UNTIL THE END OF 2012?
Nothing… It’s the end of the road. See you next year.
- A new feature: I’m not saying more—be here Friday. Hint: it involves pictures, a featured blogger, and Le Clown.
- More blogroll inductions: One per week, until the XMAS Blogroll Induction Extravaganza… and an end of year blowout special!
- The end of Haiku Sunday: I’m over it, what can I say… However, I do think that every guest blogger who has hosted an edition of Haiku Sunday made it a success. And Le Clown is no poet… I couldn’t even fool my 2 1/2 year old daughter.
My readership is getting to a point that I can no longer read everyone who is following me. I will do my best to visit new blogs, and say hi… perhaps even leave a comment in your About section (please, please write an About section if you do not have one already…). But I will put the emphasis on bloggers who are in my blogrolls, and with whom I exchange on a weekly basis. If you did write a kick-ass post, and you would like me to read it, just let me know. I will head over to your blog, and give you a shout out…
I have big plans for 2013… You know when you think something is about to explode? To me, this is where lies A Clown on Fire… It’s brewing. It’s boiling. It’s about to take off… I’m bouncing ideas off with other web strategists, and blogger friends. I’m excited:
- Buying my domain name: Of course.
- Madame Weebles: Damn right. I’m riding this all the way up with my partner in crime and my friend.
- Blogroll: Changes, always.
- Le Clown VS L’Éric: Fine tuning both voices.
- Social Media: More contests, more interactions, more community.
- Less posts: 2-3 times a week. Thank you.
- Personal-Assistant: There was a time when it was, and there will be a time when it will be, again. Sooner than later. Interested?
No, really, thank you… I’m doing this because I love it, and I am having a blast letting the creative juices flow. My wife would say: Le Clown, you’re your best audience. I would agree. But it’s so much more fun when someone else is watching you being an idiot, I can tell you that much… So thank you, all of you, even the ones that I have lost along the way.
MY QUESTIONS TO YOU
What are your blogging plans for 2013?
What will you do to push the boundaries of your blog?
How do you see your blog evolving?
Speaking of magnificence™, tomorrow’s post is the bee’s knees. So do me a favour, and come visit. It was a collaborative effort, and I’m thrilled with the end result.